Our theme for the Mount Pisgah Harnett Church Family in 2017 is INTENTIONAL INCREASE, which reflects our commitment to being intentional in our walk with God. We believe that being intentional begins with our relationship with God, and as we grow in grace and in the knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, all aspects of our lives will be impacted in a positive manner.
As with previous fast, the fast between Resurrection Sunday and Pentecost will be supplemented with time spent in the Word of God and prayer. We will read one chapter each day, beginning with Proverbs as well as Psalms 1-17. As we read, we should pray for insight so that we can identify and apply the principles that are found in the Word of God that produce increase.
For those who are not able to fast because of medical reasons, alternatives to fasting should be used. For example, giving up television, social media or cell phone use could be substitutes.
The fast is as follows:
- Week 1, April 17-23 – Fast for six hours
- Week 2, April 24-30- No meats, no sweets, no caffeine
- Week 3, May 1-7- Fast for nine hours
- Week 4, May 8-14 – No meats, no sweets, no caffeine (Exception Mother’s Day)
- Week 5, May 15-21- Fast for twelve hours (Exception Mid- year)
- Week 6, May 22-28- No meats, no sweets, no caffeine
- Week 7, May 29- June 3- Fast as the Lord directs.
We believe that God will honor our fast as we honor Him with our commitment to Him. We trust God for INTENTIONAL INCREASE!
Original Cape Fear & Southwestern F.W.B.A.C